IT Tech I
The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to promoting growth and economic development, advocating for sound public policy, and serving our members with outstanding programs and benefits. GPCC is the premier advocate of the region's business community, representing members in 11 counties across three states with one voice.
We are currently seeking an IT Tech I that will analyze, plan, design, install, and maintain the predominantly Microsoft Windows based client environment; monitor and upgrade existing systems for end-users; determine user specifications for hardware and software; and assist in the deployment and management of network equipment and servers. This position also includes a good deal of audio/visual support both in-house for our business and visiting businesses as well as off-site events around the metropolitan area. Must be reliable and resourceful. Reports to the Information Technology Director. This is an hourly position with benefits.
Essential Job Functions
End User Support (50%)
- Diagnosing hardware and software problems
- On-call when needed
- Training staff in the use of standardized software (Microsoft Office) and internal systems (Intranet, IMP)
- Using IT Helpdesk system to document, prioritize, and track requests.
Routine Maintenance (30%)
- Installing/configuring new computers/telephones
- Repairing/upgrading PC and Mac hardware and software
- Troubleshooting printers/scanners/copiers
- Maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies (cables, adapters, etc.)
- Must have flexibility and reliability to work outside 8:30 am to 5:00 pm M-F schedule regularly for server upgrades, networking support, and event A/V support.
- Undertake the day to day operation of backup systems including rotation of backup media and/or maintenance of cloud backups.
Infrastructure Support (20%)
- Diagnosing connectivity issues with LAN, WAN, and CAT3 phone environment
- Researching, learning, and evaluating new software
- Documenting systems and procedures
- Environment — cubicle with a personal computer, test and build computers, repair area, and server room
- Physical Demands — running wires in the ceilings, walking to various offices on multiple floors, walking to various local venues for A/V support, lifting and moving printers and computers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal, verbal and written).
- Ability to independently research issues before presenting possible solutions to supervisor
- Ability to systematically troubleshoot complex problems
- Driver's license
- Microsoft Active Directory / Domain experience and familiarity
- Microsoft Windows experience
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Reliability — must be punctual and able to manage time effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Associates Degree or applicable certifications in a related field
- Experience in the field or in a related area
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Information Technology
People Successful in this Position
- Prioritize well
- Like learning new things
- Like variety
- Like problem solving
- Like helping others
- Have a good customer service oriented attitude
Scope of Contact
This position interacts with:
- Internal staff
- External (remote) staff
- Member companies of our organization
- Affiliates/Renters of our services and infrastructure
GPCC offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits package. Applicants must include salary requirements to be considered. To apply for this position, please click here.
« Back to top
Development & Administrative Coordinator
The Arts & Business Council of Greater Philadelphia, founded in 1981, strengthens our creative sector by engaging the business community, providing capacity-building services, and serving as a thought leader and a convener. ABC, with the support of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, is uniquely positioned to actively connect the arts and business communities.
We are currently seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Development & Administrative Coordinator to assist the Executive Director with the development functions of the Arts & Business Council.
- Identify, research and cultivate unidentified grant prospects
- Write letters of inquiry, grant proposals and related reports
- Manage Business on Board Scholarship Grants and General Operating Grants and all associated administrative requirements
- Update and maintain Arts & Business Council funding calendar
- Work to secure all first right of refusals for sponsorships
- Write proposals for all sponsorship events and customize for targeted member companies
- Assist Executive Director in fulfillment of sponsorship benefits
- Act as the liaison between the Arts & Business Council and Programs and Events in regards to all sponsorships that this individual secures. Examples include securing logos, assisting in fulfillment of benefits of sponsorship and follow up survey after each event.
- Work with team to develop new ideas for programming and develop and cultivate sponsors
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, including scheduling and meeting preparation
- Prepare Advisory Board correspondence and meeting preparation
- Process, invoice and track sponsorships and grant dollars
- Attend Arts & Business Council events, Chamber events and other relevant events
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of experience in non-profit development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of Greater Philadelphia region, business community, arts community and experience in interacting with these markets
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Strategic thinker with creativity and innovation
- A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Organizational ability and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Salesforce system a plus
- Diligence in meeting deadlines and ability to work independently and under pressure
- Computer proficiencies in Windows, MS Office — including Outlook, Word and Excel
GPCC/ABC offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits package. Applicants must include salary requirements to be considered. To apply for this position, please click here.
« Back to top
Regional Account Executive
The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce is seeking a qualified sales professional to drive membership growth. The successful candidate will join an award-winning sales team and be responsible for the full sales cycle. The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce (GPCC) is a regional non-profit business organization with approximately 5,000 members. We are the largest business association in Pennsylvania and one of the largest Chambers in the United States. With more than 100 people on staff, we provide our members with products, benefits and services to help their businesses thrive.
The Regional Account Executive will increase our market penetration in the Greater Philadelphia region through a mix of both inside and outside sales. The successful candidate will be an experienced and highly motivated self-starter who is a born hunter. He/She must be able to develop and maintain a robust prospect pipeline, understand the needs of potential members, propose the appropriate membership level, and close the sale.
- Sell membership packages to businesses in the Greater Philadelphia Region (11 Counties)
- Develop and maintain an active prospect database & lead pipeline
- Achieve and surpass set quotas and goals
- Develop strategies and plans to achieve goals
- Increase overall sales as well as value per sale
- Assist with the implementation of targeted sales projects
- Attend, assist and represent GPCC at networking functions, receptions, business expos and trade shows
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 to 7 years sales experience.
- Demonstrated record of recent success selling a service or “intangible” service
- Proven experience prospecting and generating leads
- Proven ability to exceed goals
- Highly effective communication skills
- A problem solver with consultative selling experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Proposal experience, strong business writing skills
- Enthusiasm and team spirit
- Highly motivated with marketing know-how
- Possess excellent interpersonal/written/oral/presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Media Sales or non-profit development experience a plus
We offer a base salary plus a generous commission structure that rewards representatives that meet and exceed their goals. We also offer an excellent benefits package. Applicants must include salary requirements to be considered. To apply for this position, click here.
« Back to top
Business Development Support — Internship
The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to promoting growth and economic development, advocating for sound public policy, and serving our members with outstanding programs and benefits. GPCC is the premier advocate of the region’s business community, representing 5,000 member companies in 11 counties across three states with one voice.
We are currently seeking a part time, temporary intern to support and enhance our new member acquisition functions. This is an unpaid internship; however, the selected candidate may qualify to receive academic credits, if applicable. The hours worked are flexible (10-20 hours per week).
- Manage Business Unit's schedule of internal meetings and events
- Distribute leads and manage prospect database
- Perform general administrative tasks
- Produce financial reports
- Complete special projects
- Ability to manage and coordinate administrative functions
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent interpersonal/written/oral skills
- Database management/proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment
GPCC offers a unique environment and opportunity to learn critical business skills and make connections in the regional business community. Qualified candidates should submit their resume via e-mail only to email@example.com.
« Back to top