Vice President, Civic Affairs
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting growth and economic development, advocating for sound public policy, and serving our members with outstanding programs and benefits. The Chamber is the premier advocate of the region's business community, representing members in 11 counties across three states with one voice.
We are currently seeking a Vice President for our Civic Affairs Business Unit. This individual will lead our newly-established Civic Affairs Action Team, designed to bring Chamber businesses, civic organizations, and neighborhood-based businesses and groups together around a shared agenda of growth and prosperity citywide. S/he will also oversee the Chamber's advocacy efforts at City Hall.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. The VP, Civic Affairs will lead the development of and oversee the ongoing management of a broad-based Civic Action Team arising out of the Roadmap for Growth campaign, with its following of more than 140 neighborhood and civic partner organizations.
2. The VP, Civic Affairs, will lead this Team in engaging the mayor, his administration and City Council, the business community, and civic grass roots partners to pursue a set of policies and ideas in a shared agenda of growth and prosperity for Philadelphia.
3. The VP, Civic Affairs, is responsible for a business unit and its financial performance as part of the Chamber enterprise. This unit has a budget and is responsible for meeting its financial projections, as they relate to a series of civic/city-oriented programs & events.
The core attributes of the Civic Affairs Action Team are:
- Produce results
- Integrate with the Chamber's emerging business model, i.e., Leadership Councils
- Staying power/Multi-year effort
- Convene & connect neighborhood-, civic-based organizations with Chamber members
- Engage the Mayor & City Council to pursue and implement a set of pro-growth policies and ideas to move Philadelphia's economy forward
4. The VP, Civic Affairs is responsible for overseeing all Advocacy efforts concerning the Chamber member interests at City Hall. This includes representing the Chamber positions before City Council, the Mayor's Office, and all city agencies.
5. The VP, Civic Affairs provides testimony to Council and elsewhere as needed representing the Chamber's positions on all relevant local policy issues.
Programs & Events
6. The VP, Civic Affairs will serve as spokesperson for the organization at some of the Chamber's Advocacy/Civic Affairs programmed events.
Roadmap for Growth
7. The VP, Civic Affairs plays a lead role, along with the Program & Events team, in creating, managing, and implementing the Roadmap for Growth campaign, comprised of programs, events, gatherings and research, that advocates and executes upon a pro-growth, pro-jobs agenda for Philadelphia.
Job Specifications & Requirements
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. 10+ years of experience with a non-profit organization, association, or a neighborhood-based civic or business organization.
3. Knowledge of Philadelphia and its various constituencies is a plus.
4. Knowledge of the city's public and political infrastructure is a plus.
5. Ability to effectively oversee a business unit and closely manage a budget that includes revenue goals.
6. Ability to engage effectively with the region's business, political, civic, community and academic leaders.
7. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects; flexibility to adjust to changing priorities.
8. Strong organizational skills.
9. Exceptional interpersonal abilities; professional written and verbal communication skills.
10. Strong work ethic; approaches work with a sense of purpose and urgency.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
The VP, Civic Affairs works in a typical office environment. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, the VP, Civic Affairs will be often be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of Center City Philadelphia.
The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits package.
Qualified candidates should submit:
1. Cover letter
3. Names/contact info for three professional references
Applications that fail to fulfill this requirement will not be considered. Apply to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=gpcc&jobId=33320&lang=en_US&source=CC3
« Back to top
Membership Advisor (Inside Sales)
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is seeking qualified sales professionals to drive membership growth in the Philadelphia Region. This opportunity is ideal for a successful inside sales representative who is goal oriented and highly motivated with an aggressive sales approach to increase revenues. Our top Membership Advisors earn 6-figure incomes.
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is a regional non-profit business organization. We are the largest business association in the region and one of the largest Chambers in the United States. The Chamber is dedicated to promoting growth and economic development, advocating for sound public policy, and serving our members with outstanding programs and benefits. The Chamber is the premier advocate of the region's business community, representing members in 11 counties across three states with one voice. With approximately 100 people on staff, we provide our members with products, benefits, and services to help their businesses thrive.
Must-Have Sales Skills:
- Cold Calling: This position is nearly 100% inside sales developing new business
- Prospecting: A successful candidate will generate his/her own leads every week
- Qualifying Leads: Finding the decision maker and overcoming objections are essential to success
- Sell membership packages to businesses in the Greater Philadelphia Region (11 Counties)
- Develop leads and maintain an active prospect database
- Achieve and surpass set quotas and goals
- Develop weekly plans to achieve goals
- Increase overall sales as well as value per sale
- Assist with the implementation of targeted sales projects
- Occasionally attend, assist, and represent the Chamber at networking functions, receptions, business expos, and trade shows as a company requirement
- Note: this position's responsibilities do NOT include account management
- Minimum 2 to 3 years inside sales experience
- Demonstrated record of recent success selling a service
- Proven experience prospecting and generating leads
- Proven ability to exceed goals
- Highly effective communication skills
- A problem solver with multitasking capabilities
- Proposal experience, strong business writing skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to achieve goals
- Possess excellent interpersonal/written/oral/presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
We offer a base salary plus a high commission compensation structure that rewards employees that meet and exceed their goals, with an annual earning potential of $70,000 to $150,000. We also offer an excellent benefits package.
Apply to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=gpcc&jobId=12437&lang=en_US&source=CC19783
« Back to top