Women, Work and the Will to Lead
Fresh off the heels of our “Lean In” event featuring Facebook COO and author, Sheryl Sandberg, the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce is committed to continuing the discussion on how to help women achieve their professional goals.
Share Your Story
Sharing personal stories is an important part of the Lean In movement. Good stories can inspire, teach and connect us. A Lean In Story captures a moment in your career or life when you chose to “lean in” or “lean back.” When you lean in, you push through a challenge and go down a path with an uncertain outcome — you believe in yourself and take a risk. When you lean back, you choose to stay in a known or comfortable situation — you play it safe. We all lean in and lean back at different times, and can learn from both types of stories.
Please submit your Lean In story; we will feature select stories on our website or during our women's events.
Tips for submitting your story:
- Keep it simple. We suggest stories be 500 words or less.
- Include your name, title, company and contact information (email and phone number)
- Focus on a moment in your life or career.
- Be authentic and offer some wisdom.
- Avoid promotional material.
- Include a photo (optional)
Email your story to: email@example.com
Follow the topic on Twitter: #LeanInPHL