Scholarship Criteria and Application
Please check back for application information for the 2015 Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women.
Through the generosity and determination of many individuals and corporations, the Paradigm Award program has grown to include the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women. To enhance and benefit the career aspirations of working women in the Greater Philadelphia area, this merit scholarship is awarded annually to women who wish to complete their undergraduate degrees while working full-time for Chamber member companies.
Recipients receive up to $5,000 that must be used for tuition and/or books within a two-year period. Scholarship recipients are recognized at the Paradigm Award celebration each year in March. In addition, the Stradley Ronon scholar will be recognized.
Employees of Chamber members who do not already provide tuition reimbursement are invited to apply. Applicants whose employers provide partial tuition reimbursement may also apply.
Applicants for the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women must meet the following criteria:
- A full-time employee, working at least 30 hours per week for a Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce member company (if you do not know or are not sure if your company is a Chamber member please visit our online membership directory)
- Completed at least one full year of college and must be currently enrolled (within the last 18 months) at a two or four year accredited institution working towards an undergraduate degree. Masters and advanced degree candidates are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
- Have a minimum of five years full-time work experience
- Hold an exemplary work record
- Submit an official copy of your college transcript
- Submit two letters of recommendation including one from your supervisor at current employer
- Submit a 200-word essay on why you should be selected as a recipient of the Paradigm Scholarship for Working Women
- Submit a copy of your employer's tuition reimbursement policy (if they have one)
The following factors are considered when selecting scholarship recipients:
- Current enrollment
- Potential for future success
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 26, 2015
INSTRUCTIONS: Complete the following application and mail 2 letters of recommendation, your official college transcript, your 200 word essay, and a copy of your employer's tuition reimbursement policy to the address below. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
GPCC Paradigm Scholarship
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Questions: Email the event coordinator.