The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce is committed to helping our members grow their business. That’s why we’ve partnered with the Free Library of Philadelphia to let you know about valuable business resources available right now for free at your fingertips! Join the nearly 9,000 entrepreneurs and small business owners who were able to start, grow, or enhance their businesses because of these incredible resources of the Free Library of Philadelphia.
Whether you’re seeking financial data, information on creating a business plan, marketing research, demographic insights, or tips that give you a competitive edge, the Free Library has the resources to guide you to the answers you need. Best of all, like many other Chamber membership benefits, these resources — which would cost tens of thousands of dollars for individuals to obtain on their own — are free to use!
A few reasons to use these valuable business databases:
- Do you need financial ratio benchmarks for your industry? Get free RMA Statement Studies using Reference USA: OneSource
- Are you the owner of a B2B and want to target potential customers? Try ReferenceUSA or Dun & Bradstreet's Million Dollar Database
- Is it time to update your marketing plan? Find consumer spending patterns using BusinessDecision or SimplyMap
- Is there such a thing as free market research? Use Datamonitor Industry Profiles and Freedonia Focus Reports through ReferenceUSA: OneSource
In-person offerings at the Free Library include:
- Free workshops and seminars on a variety of topics, from funding your business to mastering the art of social media
- One-on-one counseling sessions with SCORE Philadelphia
- A top-notch collection of business and computer books you can borrow
- The Regional Foundation Center, full of grant-research tools, fundraising resources, and plenty of professional guidance for the non-profit business person
To add your business to these success stories and get started using the Free Library's online resources, all you'll need is your Free Library card number and PIN. If you don't have one, click here. (Cards are free for anyone who works or lives in Pennsylvania. If you're based in another state you can still get a Free Library card for a $35 annual fee.)
If you already have a card, click here to access the Free Library's Small Business Resources page and get started. And don't forget to stop by the Parkway Central Library on Logan Circle in person to explore the in-house resources and chat with one of their friendly, business-savvy librarians!
If you have any questions, contact your Chamber member relations representative. And please share with us your thoughts on these valuable resources!
What are you waiting for? Check out the Free Library of Opportunity today!